Become a Referral Partner at Wacif
Partner with us to help low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs who don’t qualify for traditional bank loans receive financial assistance from the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif), a leading Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Support Small Businesses and Communities
Wacif’s mission is to increase equity and economic opportunity in underserved communities in the Washington, DC area by investing knowledge, social, and financial capital in low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs. Partner with us for the following reasons:
Start a Referral with Wacif
Reach out to one of our relationship managers to learn more about Wacif. We are happy to connect with you to answer any questions, including providing more details about our referral process.
Wacif requires the following minimum eligibility criteria to be met for all potential borrowers:
- Businesses must be located in one of the following areas:
- DC: District of Columbia
- MD: Montgomery County, Prince George’s County
- VA: Arlington County, City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, City of Fairfax
- Business owner must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or have a valid work visa
- Must have filed federal income taxes for the most recent filing deadline with the IRS (business and/or personal) or have filed an extension
- Business must have a business bank account
- Must have been in business for a minimum of 1 year
- Must have had business revenue at or above $50,000 during the previous fiscal year
- Cannot be a non-profit (with the exception of child care centers), an unregistered business, or a Limited Cooperative Association
- Cannot be a business within the following
list of restricted industries
Don’t have much time to connect? Complete a quick and easy form online.
Partner with Wacif to Make a Difference
When we work with your team, we’ll support small business owners and their communities. Wacif strives to say “yes” whenever we can through loan approvals or other technical assistance that connects small business owners with the resources they need to move closer to their goals.
“Wacif was so helpful in helping my business obtain a loan. Due to my credit, I was not able to obtain a traditional loan, and Wacif was able to assist me throughout the whole process. I worked with Isaac, who was always on top of everything and made me feel comfortable. I was able to get enough to help me with expansion and product development. This process was simple and seamless. I would highly rate Wacif and my experience with them.”
Our Impact Over 35 Years
Wacif has partnered with public and private institutions and individuals to invest in our shared community and drive equity and opportunity throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Join Wacif by helping us continue to fulfill our mission of supporting underserved entrepreneurs.