Stewardship and Engagement Specialist
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) seeks a Stewardship and Engagement Specialist to help design, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive organization-wide donor, partner relations, and stewardship system. The Stewardship and Engagement Specialist will promote donors/partners interaction and recognition at all levels. This role is an early career position and is part of the Development Team. This individual will engage in opportunities with current and new partners and financial supporters; research and implement best-practice engagement strategies and tactics; develop outreach materials; schedule events; and conduct partner/donor engagements via email outreach, direct mail, social media, and host events.
Reports to: Director of Institutional Development
Duties and Responsibilities
Donor and Partner Engagement – 50%
- Support the development and management of Wacif’s partner engagement calendar including: planning
- and executing monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual stewardship and outreach campaigns as well as
- tailored engagement. Efforts will be inclusive of email, video, and call campaigns, newsletters,
- personalized touchpoints, and direct mail, etc.
- Assist in building collaborative engagement strategy that results in regular donor and partner touchpoints.
- Help design program-specific stewardship and outreach strategies;
- Draft stewardship and outreach communication materials inclusive of mass emails, direct mail, video, and newsletters, as well as partner-specific impact updates and tailored touchpoints;
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of donor stewardship and cultivation events, both in-person and virtual.
Donor Communications Strategy – 20%
- Serve as a liaison for digital touchpoints and in-person engagements as needed;
- Draft high-quality communications products for use by CEO and other senior executives in outreach to current and new partners. Comfort and skill in interacting with senior partner officials and key internal stakeholders.
Internal Analytics and Engagement Strategy – 10%
- Support the Development Team in developing and maintaining organizational infrastructure for internal development analytics related to donor and partner engagement, including:
- Assist in linking Wacif’s donor engagement calendar to the communications calendar, including specific outreach needs related to current and upcoming opportunities;
- Participate in recurring leadership team sessions to review funding forecasts and discuss engagement scenarios;
- Assist in using HubSpot CRM to track and analyze engagement data and strategy to inform future efforts.
Capture Strategy – Development and Implementation – 20%
- Collaborate across the organization and within the Development and Communications department to help develop opportunity-specific outreach strategies and tactics to attract new and/or renewal donors and partners;
- Support the planning and implementation of related marketing and engagement tactics, including participating in meetings and relationship development with strategic organizations and points of contact; and
- Identify events at which Wacif should have presence and support the design and implementation of Wacif tactics at those events.
- Other duties and responsibilities that arise as assigned by leadership.
- The Development Team primarily works remotely; attendance of in-person events is occasionally required.
- 1-2 years of previous stewardship, fundraising, and/or development experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as communications, nonprofit management, or other pertinent focus.
- A friendly, collegial personality with compulsive integrity and a well-conditioned sense of humor
- A high level of motivation, initiative and attention to detail demonstrated by the proactive inclination to identify, highlight, and respond to development needs
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Strong research, writing, and analysis skills
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills
- Commitment to Wacif’s mission of working with low- and moderate-income individuals and underserved communities.
- Ability to develop processes and procedures to better operationalize and improve outreach capabilities
- Successful track record working in fast-paced, opportunity-rich environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience in CRMs such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Donor Perfect, or Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred but not required;
About the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.wacif.org.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages available. 401(k) retirement plan (employer matching contribution eligible); paid time off (increased with tenure), paid holidays and sick leave days, transportation benefits, and education assistance benefits (professional development, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment).
Interested candidates should email a resume, thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and
experience meet the qualifications of the position, and salary requirements to with “Stewardship & Engagement Specialist” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Wacif provides a flexible and hybrid working environment with the opportunity to work remotely.