Partner Engagement Specialist
TITLE: Partner Engagement Specialist
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) seeks a full-time Partner Engagement Specialist who will be responsible for supporting Wacif’s Development team in building out engagement opportunities with current and new partners (financial supporters); researching and implementing best-practice engagement strategies and tactics; supporting with the production of outreach materials; and, conducting partner engagement via email outreach, direct mail, social media, and others methods.
REPORTS TO: Director of Institutional Development
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Partner Engagement – 70%
- Support the development and execution of Wacif’s partner engagement calendar including planning and executing outreach campaigns and tailored engagement. Efforts will be inclusive of email, video, and call campaigns, newsletter disbursement, personalized touchpoints, and direct mail outreach, amongst other methods.
- Assist in building out collaborative engagement strategy with the Development team and other Wacif staff that results in regular partner touchpoints, including: designing program-specific outreach strategies and supporting in the implementation of cross-team engagement best-practices.
- Draft outreach communication and material inclusive of mass emails, direct mail, video, and newsletters, as well as partner-specific impact updates and tailored touchpoints.
- Collaborate in the planning and development of donor stewardship and cultivation events, both in-person and virtual.
Internal Analytics and Engagement Strategy – 10%
- Support Development team in developing and maintaining organizational infrastructure for internal development analytics related to partner engagement, including:
- Assist in linking Wacif’s donor engagement calendar to editorial calendar, including outreach needs related to current and upcoming opportunities;
- Participate in recurring Development team sessions to review funding forecasts and discuss engagement scenarios;
- Assist in using HubSpot CRM to track and analyze engagement data and strategy to inform future efforts.
Capture Strategy Development and Implementation – 20%
- Collaborate across the organization and within the Development and Communications team to develop opportunity-specific outreach strategies and tactics to attract new and/or renewal partners.
- Support the planning and implementation of related marketing and engagement tactics, including participating in meetings and relationship development with strategic organizations and points of contact.
- Identify industry and other events which Wacif should have presence, and support the design and implementation of Wacif tactics at those events.
- Other relevant duties that will arise as assigned by leadership.
- 2+ years of previous fundraising and development experience, ideally including public and private sector opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Strong research, writing, and analysis skills, with the ability to develop processes and procedures to better operationalize development functionality to streamline outreach capabilities.
- A high level of motivation, initiative, and attention to detail demonstrated by the proactive inclination to identify, highlight, and respond to development needs.
- Successful track record working in a fast-paced, opportunity-rich environment.
- Experience with HubSpot CRM preferred but not required.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Experience handling confidential information with a high level of discretion.
- A friendly, collegial personality with compulsive integrity and a well-conditioned sense of humor.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship building, and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Interest in and commitment to Wacif’s mission of working with low- and moderate-income individuals and underserved communities.
ABOUT WASHINGTON AREA COMMUNITY INVESTMENT FUND (Wacif)
Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.wacif.org.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance coverages available. 401(k) retirement plan (employer matching contribution eligible); paid time off (increased with tenure), paid holidays and sick leave days, transportation benefits, and education assistance benefits (professional development, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment).
Interested candidates should email a resume/CV, thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and salary requirements to with “Partner Engagement Specialist” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Wacif provides a flexible and hybrid working environment with the opportunity to work remotely.
* Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment; Reasonable accommodations will be considered.