Financial Planning & Reporting Manager
TITLE: Financial Planning & Reporting Manager
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) seeks to fill the full-time position of Financial Planning & Reporting Manager, within the Accounting department, whom will lead financial planning and reporting functions for Wacif and its subsidiaries. This position also serves as strategic partner, actively managing the full cycle budgeting process through planning, formulation, consolidation, execution, monitoring, and amendment, while ensuring key budget stakeholders are provided with the knowledge and information needed for timely decision making. This position is also responsible for the production and submission of various financial data reporting outputs, which helps inform programmatic effectiveness, liquidity requirements, lending product pricing, investor covenant compliance, and other strategic functions.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial & Operations Officer
Budgeting & Financial Planning (70%)
- Serve as primary user and system owner of Martus Solutions, corporate budgeting system;
- Provide ongoing budget development, management, and utilization coaching, training, and support to department heads, project managers, and other budget owners within the corporate budgeting system;
- Manage development of budget scenarios and the consolidated annual budget, including preparation of comparative budget reports for review and approval;
- Conduct monthly reviews of financial performance against budget, organizationally and at department and project levels; advise on and monitor corrective actions;
- Produce monthly updated balance sheet risk forecasting model, and operating and capital liquidity projections;
- Actively manage monthly forecast of staff time coverage under grants and other funding sources;
- Develop project budget and budget narratives for grant proposal submission, including SF-424A forms;
- Advise project managers in preparing budget modifications;
- Ensure operating budget updates are accurately reflected in the corporate budgeting system;
Reporting & Compliance (25%)
- Ensure financial reporting requirements of investors, grantors, and other financial/partner institutions are met;
- Prepare financial covenant compliance reporting packages for various investors;
- Create, maintain, and enhance financial, risk, and compliance dashboards and reporting;
- Manage maintenance and monthly production of Risk-Based Pricing Framework;
- Develop donor financial reports and reimbursement requests for state, local, and federal government-funded grants, and contracts, including SF-425 forms;
- Build required financial reporting capabilities in accounting systems, and other reporting templates;
- Ensure timely financial reporting is provided to internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist with federal/single and financial statement audit for multiple Wacif entities and subsidiaries;
- Assist with production of Form-990 tax return for multiple Wacif entities and subsidiaries;
- Other relevant duties that arise as assigned by leadership;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A) or budgeting, forecasting, reporting, or modeling roles;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics; CPA preferred;
- Non-profit experience required, financial services experience preferred;
- Proven experience budgeting for multiple subsidiaries and cost allocation environments required; experience within real estate projects preferred;
- Proven experience with multi-dimensional accounting and large datasets required;
- Proven experience with Martus Solutions budget software preferred, other budgeting software experience required;
- Advanced proficiency in Sage Intacct, especially budgeting, financial, and dimension-based report-building features;
- Experience budgeting for and reporting against a Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NICRA) preferred;
- Knowledge of US GAAP required;
- Knowledge of non-profit revenue recognition principles under ASU 2014-09 Topic 606 and ASU 2018-08 preferred;
- Knowledge and prior training related to Code of Federal Regulations – 2 CFR Part 200 – Uniform Administrative
- Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards preferred;
- Experience completing USG SF-424A and SF-425 forms;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Proven experience in developing and submitting financial reporting to multiple funder types (foundations, investors, local, state, and federal government, financial institutions, etc.);
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with the proven ability towards continuous improvement;
- Compliance and risk management oriented; strong analytical skills;
- A high level of motivation, initiative, and attention to detail;
- Ability to balance detail orientation and strategic thinking;
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun while maintaining high job performance;
- Interest in and commitment to Wacif’s mission of working with low- and moderate-income individuals and underserved communities.
About the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.wacif.org.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages available. 401(k) retirement plan (employer matching contribution eligible); paid time off (increased with tenure), paid holidays and sick leave days, transportation benefits, and education assistance benefits (professional development, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment).
Interested candidates should email a resume/CV, thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and salary requirements to with “Financial Planning & Reporting Manager” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Wacif provides a flexible and hybrid working environment with the opportunity to work remotely.