Accounts Payable/Receivable Accounting Assistant (Temp to Perm)
TITLE: Accounts Payable/Receivable Accounting Assistant (Temp to Perm)
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) seeks an Accounts Payable/ Receivable Accounting Clerk to provide support to the Finance department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coding invoices with correct general ledger
- Accounts conforming with standard procedures and accounting principles
- Accurate recording and payment of accounts payable invoices
- Record voids and after the fact check payments
- Manage the AP function, and 1099 reporting
- Assist with special projects, as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A proven skill for meeting deadlines and achieving objectives
- Great communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with AP/AR staff, accountants, vendors, customers, and interdepartmental teams
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage numbers and financial records.
- Hands-on experience in accounting software
- Accounts payable /Accounts Receivable experience
- Sage Intacct or Nexonia software experience (a plus)
About the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.wacif.org.
Interested candidates should email a resume, thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and salary requirements to with “Stewardship & Engagement Specialist” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Wacif provides a flexible and hybrid working environment with the opportunity to work remotely.