Program Start/End Dates: August 2021 – August 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Hybrid (remote and flexible work options available)
Program Location: Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: June 30 2021
VISTA Assignment Objectives and Member Activities
Goal of the Project:
Wacif has significantly grown its programming and impact in the last three years, and building engaged supporters is a priority as the organization seeks to deepen its impact on equity and opportunity. For Wacif, creating engaged supporters means intentionally supporting ongoing engagement between Wacif and its supporters and among supporters themselves. Wacif specifically envisions this VISTA building Wacif’s capacity to engage its supporters through consistent engagement and dialogue.
Organizational and Community Research (August 2021 – September 2021)
Identify and prioritize global best practices in creating engaged communities.
- Meet with Wacif teammates to understand program strategies and priorities.
- Research strategies, tactics, and systems for creating engaged supporters communities.
- Interview organizations and individuals regionally and nationally to deepen understanding of these strategies and their implementation.
- Develop recommendations for team consideration.
- Lead team through evaluation of strategies and tactics.
Activity Design and Implementation (September 2021 – June 2022)
- Collaborate with teammates across the organization to identify timing and tactics for supporter engagement initiatives.
- Create calendars for engagement events and content, with a focus on Wacif’s programs team.
- Help implement events and create content, including blogs, videos, mass emails, and social media posts.
Engagement Design and Implementation (October 2021 – August 2022)
Based on engagement strategies and tactics, design and implement systems (defined as policies, procedures, and potentially technology applications) to ensure that Wacif can efficiently and sustainably create and maintain supporter engagement.
- Determine systems requirements, based on engagement strategies and tactics.
- Identify related policies, procedures, and potentially technology applications that will support sustainable engagement.
- Develop an action plan for systems implementation.
- Refine action plan based on feedback from the team.
TO APPLY: Please submit an application directly on the AmeriCorps portal.