TITLE: Program Director, Enterprising Women of Color
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) is seeking a full-time Program Director, Enterprising Women of Color (EWOC), who will be responsible for managing the operations of the newly launched Capital Region Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) EWOC Business Center. The Program Director will support women entrepreneurs of color in the DC metropolitan area through the new Business Center with services throughout the surrounding Washington, DC Metropolitan area.
The Program Director will oversee the Business Center to support the development, growth and acceleration of women-owned Minority Business Enterprise’s (MBEs) with robust advisory and technical business services including one-on-one assistance, coaching, trainings, workshops, cohort-based learning, and virtual and in-person education and networking events.
REPORTS TO: Chief Program Officer (CPO)
Supervises: Program Coordinator
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage daily operations of the MBDA EWOC Business Center.
- Work with the Wacif CEO, Chief Program Officer, executive leadership team, and Board of Directors to set direction for the EWOC Business Center’s strategies, implement work plans, and track progress.
- Provide day-to-day program leadership and implementation, communicating with Wacif staff and MBDA colleagues to ensure that program outcomes are met, and compliance is maintained.
- Help foster an organizational culture that encourages collaboration and accountability.
- Create opportunities for women entrepreneurs of color to connect to increased opportunities in private and public contracting, and increased pathways to funding.
- Develop new networks, social connection, and support communities for women entrepreneurs of color.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Establish programs focused on many of the following key focus areas: one-on-one advisement and strategic growth assessments, capital and lending readiness, professional services consulting, contract financing and bonding assistance, and government and corporate certification assistance, among others.
- Work with Wacif colleagues to leverage Wacif’s award-winning signature program, the Ascend Capital Accelerator, to launch and manage new cohorts focused on women entrepreneurs of color.
- Manage programs and activities to elevate the executive and entrepreneurial experience of women entrepreneurs of color with programs such as such as fireside executive chats, networking events, and others to promote stories of inspiration, grit, tenacity, and success to be featured over the course of the Center’s programming.
- In partnership with key funding partners and stakeholders, host programs to elevate opportunities to promote the financial capability and success of women entrepreneurs of color.
- Provide business counseling, workshop trainings, and other programs to support women entrepreneurs as needed.
Marketing & Relationship Management
- Collaborate with the Development and Communications department to publicize Wacif, MBDA and its programs through a variety of mechanisms including media opportunities, website, social media, print channels and trade shows.
- Develop and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including funders, business owners, community members, nonprofits, banks, businesses and government.
- Supervise the training and business counseling programs to ensure a diverse population of women is supported in compliance with funder requirements.
- Oversee fiscal management of programs in collaboration with the finance team, including creating programmatic budgets and amending procedures to respond to changes in external fiscal policies and to ensure programs/resources meet financial targets.
- Responsible for grants management for the Center, including proposals and applications, reporting and invoicing, etc.
- Manage annual program department budget, complete regular reprojections, cash flow reports, and reconciliation reports with other departments.
- Ensure essential data is collected, maintained and reported properly as required by funders.
- Must be a team player, able to work within a team structure, and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders to develop effective partnerships.
- Minimum 5 years’ proven experience in leadership roles; nonprofit sector a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with comprehensive and dynamic program management while building and managing high-performing, innovative teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent years of related experience required, in a discipline with demonstrated success relevant to Wacif’s work.
- Experience managing program budgets from multiple sources including government (federal, state, and local), philanthropic, private, corporate and financial institutions.
- Proven track record of developing and managing through a results-based framework by delivering high-quality programs and leveraging data to drive continuous learning and program improvement.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in program/project management, and small business direct assistance.
- Proven ability to establish and execute a Program’s strategic vision from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated skills at building and cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, Board members, funders, partners, government officials.
- Entrepreneurship and/or small business experience, preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and attention to detail while continually finding ways to improve processes to produce higher quality events with more effective results.
- Experience developing and managing budgets at $500K or higher.
- Exceptional managerial experience, with an inclusive leadership style, skill in giving and receiving feedback, the ability to hold staff accountable, and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking, organizational, and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems, preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours, in addition to travel, is required.
About the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
Established in 1987, the Washington Area Community Investment Fund’s mission is to increase equity and economic opportunity in underserved communities in the Washington, DC area by investing knowledge, social, and financial capital in low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs. Our mission is driven by three strategic pillars: inclusive entrepreneurship, community wealth building, and equitable economic opportunity, and is fulfilled by providing access to capital products and services, and capacity building technical assistance to low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage available. Retirement plan (some employer contribution & matching); paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday and sick leave days.
Interested candidates should email a (1) resume/CV, (2) thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and (3) salary requirements and history to email@example.com with “Program Director, EWOC” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.