TITLE: Program Coordinator, Enterprising Women of Color
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator, Enterprising Women of Color (EWOC), who will be responsible for coordination the successful operations of the Capital Region Minority Business Development Agency’s (MBDA) EWOC Business Center. The Program Coordinator will lead coordination of activities, operations, outreach, technical assistance, and events to ensure successful operation and activity execution for the Business Center.
The Program Coordinator will support programmatic elements and women entrepreneurs of color in the DC metropolitan area through the Business Center with services throughout the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. The Coordinator will support the Program Director to effectively oversee the Business Center to support the development, growth and acceleration of women-owned MBE’s with robust technical business services including one-on-one assistance, coaching, trainings and workshops, cohort-based leaning, and virtual and in-person education and networking events.
REPORTS TO: Program Director, Enterprising Women of Color
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Coordinator will play a pivotal role in implementing the new Capital Region MBDA EWOC Business Center programs:
- Support the management, administration, and daily operation of MBDA EWOC Business Center.
- Coordinate program events, trainings, counseling, chats, and other social and programmatic logistics.
- Provide assistance with day-to-day program activities and events, communicating with Wacif staff and entrepreneurs to ensure that program outcomes are reached.
- Collaborate with Wacif staff to successfully execute EWOC Business Center’s strategies, work plans, and ensure progress.
- Assist in publicizing MBDA EWOC and its programs through a variety of mechanisms including media opportunities, website, social media, print channels and trade show attendance.
- Assist the finance team to monitor spending, contribute to budget versus actual reporting, and coordinate program budget planning.
- Support and help administer all special initiatives.
- Help foster an organizational culture that encourages collaboration and accountability.
- Other special duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- 2-3 years of professional experience; non-profit programs/projects a plus;
- Experience in organizing events;
- Must be a team player, able to work within a team structure, and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders to develop effective partnerships;
- Ability to help execute a Program’s strategic vision from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated skills at building and cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, and small business owners;
- Entrepreneurship and/or small business experience, preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, and problem-solving skills and abilities;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Should be an organized, detail oriented, and a multitasker;
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
About the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
Established in 1987, the Washington Area Community Investment Fund’s mission is to increase equity and economic opportunity in underserved communities in the Washington, DC area by investing knowledge, social, and financial capital in low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs. Our mission is driven by three strategic pillars: inclusive entrepreneurship, community wealth building, and equitable economic opportunity, and is fulfilled by providing access to capital products and services, and capacity building technical assistance to low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage available. Retirement plan (some employer contribution & matching); paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday and sick leave days.
Interested candidates should email a (1) resume/CV, (2) thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and (3) salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.