Project Name: Research, Marketing, and Communications
Program Start/End Dates: 06/07/2021 – 06/06/2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Hybrid (remote and flexible work options available)
Program Location: Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Accepting Applications From: 04/01/2021 – 05/14/2021
Please submit an application directly on the AmeriCorps portal.
- For details about AmeriCorps VISTA member benefits, please visit the VISTA Campus website.
VISTA Assignment Objectives and Member Activities
Goal of the Project:
Wacif has significantly grown its programming and impact in the last three years, and building engaged communities is a priority as the organization seeks to deepen its impact. For Wacif, creating engaged communities means intentionally supporting ongoing engagement between Wacif and its clients and among clients themselves. We specifically envision community engagement to build our capacity to create communities within its programming, characterized by consistent engagement, dialogue, and support, both from Wacif and fellow business owners.
Organizational and Community Research (June 2021 – August 2021)
- Identify and prioritize global best practices in creating engaged communities.
- Meet with Wacif teammates to understand program strategies and priorities.
- Research strategies, tactics, and systems for creating engaged beneficiary/client communities.
- Interview organizations and individuals regionally and nationally to deepen understanding of these strategies and their implementation.
- Develop recommendations for team consideration.
- Lead team through evaluation of strategies and tactics.
Activity Design and Implementation (September 2021 – June 2022)
- Help the organization design and deliver a range of community-building strategies and tactics to engage the organization’s target audiences.
- Collaborate with teammates across the organization to identify timing and tactics for community creation initiatives.
- Create calendars for engagement events and content, with a focus on Wacif’s programs team.
- Help implement events and create content, including blogs, videos, mass emails, and social media posts.
Community Systems Design and Implementation (October 2021 – June 2022)
- Based on engagement strategies and tactics, design and implement systems (defined as policies, procedures, and potentially technology applications) to ensure that Wacif can efficiently and sustainably create and maintain community engagement.
- Determine systems requirements, based on community creation strategies and tactics.
- Identify related policies, procedures, and potentially technology applications that will support the sustainable engagement of these communities.
- Develop an action plan for systems implementation.
- Refine action plan based on feedback from team.
- Drive implementation.