TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Operations
The Administrative Assistant, Operations is a key cross-functional role supporting The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)’s Finance & Operations Department. This position is responsible for supporting process development, improvement initiatives, and increasing the overall productivity and efficiency of the organization, including the scoping, selection, onboarding, and implementation of new technologies across the organization. The Administrative Assistant, Operations supports accounting operations as well as day-to-day general operations including compliance, facilities, office, and IT management.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial & Operating Officer (CFOO)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Process Development & Improvement
- Support the development of processes and internal controls for new product offerings across the organization.
- Support implementation of improvements to internal control gaps/inefficiencies within existing processes across the organization.
- Support the development and maintenance of key process manuals.
Productivity & Efficiency
- Complete monthly performance monitoring and other key tools across the organization (i.e. lending production targets, liquidity management, compliance systems, credit memo and risk-based pricing templates).
- Support development and maintenance of key documents and templates across the organization.
- Research latest productivity tools and resources to support Wacif Initiatives.
Systems & Technology
- Assist in technology needs assessment process to identify suitable technology solutions.
- Assist in scoping, testing, and selection of technology platforms.
- Assist in onboarding of new technology.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates with outsourced vendors, including company’s outsourced IT provider.
- Edit and proofread Impact Capital Fund investor documents and issue via AdobeSign.
- Support issuance of IRS required filings such as Forms 1099-INT/NEC/C including researching 3rd party service providers, scrubbing required filing datasets, and supporting the Accounting team where needed.
- Submit pre-award documentation requirements for grant awards.
- Complete other compliance-related tasks with local and Federal government agencies and investors.
- Assist with procurement/setup of IT equipment and supplies, including computers, phones, etc.
- Assist with ensuring that Wacif’s facility management, and office management needs are met, including general office upkeep, cleanliness, and security.
- Assist with procurement and recordkeeping of office and program supplies.
- Assist with corporate memberships, subscriptions, and registrations.
- Assist in banking operations administration.
Other Duties as Required or Assigned
- Support the executive team on projects and assignments.
- Completes special projects, as assigned.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
- Process and systems design orientation, with acute attention to detail. Individuals who are annoyed with inefficiency, preferred.
- Ability to identify and document key processes, including internal control weaknesses.
- Must be a cross-functional team player and able to collaborate and coordinate with a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (i.e. exposure to Vlookup, Hlookup, Pivot tables/charts, etc.). Self-professed “Excel nerds”, preferred.
- Exposure to developing, reengineering, and strengthening process/internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Positive, entrepreneurial spirit including ability to seek new and creative solutions to challenges.
- Proven self-starter motivated to create efficiency in their own work and those around them.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and attention to detail while continually finding ways to improve processes to produce higher quality, effective results.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, required.
About the Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
Established in 1987, the Washington Area Community Investment Fund’s mission is to increase equity and economic opportunity in underserved communities in the Washington, DC area by investing knowledge, social, and financial capital in low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs. Our mission is driven by three strategic pillars: inclusive entrepreneurship, community wealth building, and equitable economic opportunity, and is fulfilled by providing access to capital products and services, and capacity building technical assistance to low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage available. Retirement plan (some employer contribution & matching); paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday and sick leave days.
Interested candidates should email a (1) resume/CV, (2) thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and (3) salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant, Operations” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.