Small Business Capital Forum
Navigating the Online and Alternative Lending Marketplace
The online lending marketplace is ever-changing and difficult to navigate. Loan terms and conditions are not necessarily transparent. Yet, online and alternative loans are a life line for some business owners.
Do you have questions about online and alternative lending – what it is and how it works? Do you understand the difference between short-term and long-term financing products? Do you know how such loans may affect your cash flow?
Join Wacif and Capital One for a unique forum on small business financing. We’ll discuss the capital challenges and solutions facing today’s entrepreneurs in the world of online and alternative lending.
When: Tuesday, June 20, 8am-11:30am
Where: Impact Hub DC – 419 7th Street NW, Ste. 300, Washington, DC 20004
Registration and Breakfast
Welcome: Harold Pettigrew, Executive Director, Wacif
Opening Remarks: Joyce Klein, Director, FIELD at the Aspen Institute
Panel 1: The Small Business Experience
- Chet Bennett, Founder & Owner, C. Alan Systems
- Ian Lawrence, Director of Lending, Wacif
- Brandey Rodgers McDonald, Owner of Yednarb Diversity Partners
- Oswaldo Acosta, Director of Small Business Programs, LEDC
- Nancy Stark, Senior Manager Community Development Banking, Capital One (Moderator)
Panel 2: Solutions to Capital Access and Online Lending
- John Arensmeyer, Founder & CEO, Small Business Majority
- Lauren Stebbins,Vice President, Small Business Initiatives, Opportunity Finance Network (OFN)
- David Newville, Director of Government Affairs, Prosperity Now (formerly CFED)
- Joyce Klein, Director, FIELD at the Aspen Institute
- Harold Pettigrew, Executive Director, Wacif (Moderator)
Q & A
Closing Remarks: Nancy Stark, Senior Manager Community Development Banking, Capital One